Legal Information for Weddings in Mexico
If you would like to get married legally in Mexico with a civil ceremony performed by a qualified judge, here's what you need to know!
Required Documents (bride and groom):
- Clear copies of your birth certificates
- Clear copies of your passports
- Clear copies of your driver's licenses
- A copy of the Tourist Immigration form you receive when entering Mexico
- A clear copy of your divorce decree, if applicable. It is required that your divorce must be final at least one year in advance of your Civil Ceremony. There are no exceptions to this government law.
- Lab work must be completed the week of your ceremony. Applies for all destinations; please let us know if you would like us to set up a technician to come to your Suite.
You must bring with you all of the documents mentioned above.
The following extra charges apply to any of our wedding packages:
- Blood test and health certificate: US $200.00 per couple
- Administrative Paperwork at City Hall: US $ 40.00 per couple
- NOTE: charges may vary by destination. Please contact a wedding specialist for details.
We'd love to help you plan your wedding! Here's what we'll need:
- Date and time for the ceremony
- Full name, address and citizenship of bride
- Full name, address and citizenship of groom
- Name, address and citizenship of bride's parents, whether living or not
- Name, address and citizenship of groom's parents, whether living or not
- Names, addresses and citizenship of 4 witnesses
- Copies of witnesses' IDs
- Witnesses' relationship to bride or groom (friend, cousin, etc.)
Get more information by looking at our wedding packages or contacting our wedding specialists for personalized services, dinner menus and more. Our Virtual Agents are also standing by to answer any questions: Call 888 844 8169 or Chat Live.