All types of travelers find plenty of things to do in Loreto Baja California Sur that make them fall in love with this enchanting city. To see the best of Loreto, add these activities to your travel plans.
1. Aquarium of the World: The Sea of Cortez was nicknamed “The Aquarium of the World” by Jacques Cousteau, and life under the sea is a mesmerizing world.
2. Bike the Malecon: The Malecon is a long boardwalk along the sea where the breeze will keep you cool while biking.
3. Canyon Hikes: Behind the city, discover hidden waterfalls and Mexican wildlife. Tabor Canyon is one of the most popular hiking sites to explore.
4. Diving: The best way to explore the Sea of Cortez is while scuba diving, a thrilling adventure.
5. Eat Traditional Mexican Food: Instead of sticking with familiar burgers and pizzas, expand your palate with authentic Mexican dishes.
6. Fishing: Deep sea fishing is exciting, and in addition to reeling in roosterfish and tunas, you’ll get breathtaking views of the ocean.
7. Games in the Pool:
At all-inclusive resorts
, the entertainment staff will help provide a variety of pool games to keep families entertained all day long.
8. Horseback Riding: The hills and beaches of Loreto are stunning places to ride.
9. Inhale: Loreto is the ideal escape for a wellness retreat. Take some time on your vacation to practice mindfulness and simply breath in the ocean breeze.
10. Jump in the Waves: The gentle waves on the beach provide endless opportunities for fun and relaxation.
11. Kayaking: The best things to do in Loreto are at sea, and kayaking can be as invigorating or relaxing as you want.
12. Loreto Mission and Museum: From indigenous cultures to Spanish priests and pirates, Loreto has a colorful past, and in the downtown mission and museum, you can learn all about the first permanent Spanish settlement in the Californias.
13. Massages and Facials:
At Sabila Spa
, you’ll experience massages and facials that use the healing powers of nature and modern innovations.
14. Nourish Your Body: Fuel your body with fresh produce and tropical fruits as you enjoy all these activities.
15. Open a Bottle of Fine Mexican Wine:
The wine list at Danzante Fine Dining
features up-and-coming vineyards from Baja California, and the sommelier will help you pair a bottle with your meal.
16. Plaza: Get lost strolling through the cobblestone streets around the plaza. Stop in local shops and restaurants as you take in the scenery.
17. Quench Your Thirst: Whether you need a cocktail or a refreshing fruit-flavored water, Mexican cuisine has plenty of options. Sip a paloma or agua fresca while dining or relaxing by the pool.
18. Restaurants: There’s a variety of restaurants at the Loreto resorts and in downtown, giving you something new to try at every meal.
19. Snorkeling: Swimmers of all abilities can explore life under the sea while snorkeling. Grab your own gear to use, or take a tour to the best sights to snorkel.
20. TPC Danzante Bay:
One of the main attractions in Loreto is TPC Danzante Bay
, an award-winning course designed by the legendary Rees Jones. A vacation here is a complete experience with its on-site pro shop and putting green.
21. Unwind by the Pool: After filling your days with exciting things to do in Loreto Baja California Sur, slow down and unwind with a relaxing afternoon by your resort’s pool.
22. Visit Ancient Cave Paintings: In the hills behind Loreto, archaeologists have discovered ancient cave paintings, and with a local guide, you can see these historic sites.
23. Work Out in the Fitness Center: To stay healthy on vacation, keep up with your regular exercise routine in the fully-equipped fitness center at Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto.
24. X off Each of These Activities: Make the most of your time in Loreto with each of these unique experiences.
25. Yoga on the Beach: Take care of both your body and mind while practicing yoga on the beach.
26. Zoom Over ATV Trails: Get a rush of adrenaline as you ATV over rugged mountain trails.